This is a hidden post summary. It displays in the editor only.*
App for career guidance for 5.1 million students
UX & Product Design
Mobile App Development
Developed for 5.1 Million Users
Project Realized Year2022
Berufswahlpass becomes berufswahlapp
Since 2018, a team of scientists and experts has been working on the digitization of the career choice passport to support students in identifying suitable professions. SUNZINET came on board in 2020 as a digitization partner to transform the aging analog catalog ("Berufswahlpass") into a mobile app, the ("berufswahlapp").
Federal Minister of Education and Research Bettina Stark-Watzinger on the berufswahlapp:
Addressing Strategy, Scaling, & Stakeholder Alignment Challenges
We faced several challenges in the realization of berufswahlapp:
- A motivating and binding brand & communication strategy had to be developed.
- The app had to be scalable to up to 5.1 million users.
- A nationwide project, with stakeholders from politics, science and the youth of the country, had to be well structured.
for Optimal App Adoption & Engagement
Our goal was to find a solution where we could balance the expectations of the different stakeholders and achieve the best possible results for students and teachers.
Our strategy: test, test, test.
Gamification and the latest design trends were used to gain attention and increase adoption. Technologies such as Go/Golang, Vue.js, domain-cut Self-Contained Systems, MinIO, and Keycloak were used in app development to ensure high scalability and user experience for students.
Elevating Nationwide Learning:
A Customized Student-Centric App
- The mobile app has been precisely tailored to the needs of students at all relevant grade levels
- The berufswahlapp guarantees pedagogically valuable material and an ad-free, individualized learning experience with its finger on the pulse.
- The app guarantees data protection and offers an inclusive user experience
- The berufswahlapp was launched in eight states in the summer of 2022
- Six other states are also showing great interest in launching the app.